The bags that you find in shoe boxes are known as silica gel bags. As the majority of people does, you’re probably also throwing them away as you think they’re useless. However, this isn’t completely true. In fact, these bags contain a substance known as silicon dioxide and it has numerous uses.
Take a look at some of the best ways to use them efficiently:
- Put them in your gym bag- since the main purpose of these bags is to absorb moisture and protect the shoes, you can also remove dampness and bacteria from your gym bag, as bacteria are known to thrive in moist environments.
- Put them between towels-in order to prevent the towels from going damp and smelling unpleasantly, put several silica gel bags in your towel cabinet.
- Prolong the durability of your razors-instead of leaving the razor in your bath where it’s always wet, store it in a plastic container with several silica bags. This will prolong the durability of the razor.
- Save your wet phone-when you have accidentally dropped your phone in water, fill a jar with silica bags and put your phone in it.
- Prevent the fogginess on car windows-this is a real lifesaver during winter. So, if you have an older car model, and the air conditioning takes forever to do its job, put several silica bags under the windshield from the inside. The other day, the windows won’t be foggy.
- Save old photos- with time, old photos deteriorate. In order to prevent this, put couple of silica bags in your box with old photos to prevent dampness from destroying them.
- Save your makeup– put two to three silica gel bags in your makeup bag to prevent the powdery makeup from solidifying.