Vaginal odors range from mild to pungent — based on your diet, activities and possible infections. You can completely get rid of vaginal odor with the help of baking soda.
Baking soda is one of the safest home remedies for vaginal odor.
The pH level of a healthy vagina is typical between 3.5 to 4.5. This means your private area is little acidic in nature. If the pH level deviates, you may get the vaginal problems. Baking Soda is effective to treat the vaginal problems, especially the odor and helps you to restore the pH balance.
But the truth the all natural remedies takes some time. If you need an instant remedy, the try this Vaginal Infection Suppositories to cure those annoying vaginal odor.
How to correctly use the baking soda to get rid of vaginal odor?
You can use any one of the below methods.
1. Make a Vaginal Wash with Baking Soda
- Take a glass container and pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda in it.
- Add some warm water and mix it well.
- Then wash your labia, outer lips and vaginal opening with this baking soda lotion.
- Rinse it off with some warm water.
- Repeat this for 3-5 days in a week
Note: Your period, sex, or douching can massively affect the PH balance of your vagina, so make sure to always pull out the baking soda after you clean your vagina.
2. Use as Bathing Salt
This is another simple home remedy.
- Add one-half cup of baking soda to a bucket full of lukewarm water.
- Pour the water into your bathtub and allow your lower body (till your waist) to soak in it for at least 20 minutes.
- Make sure that your vagina is well soaked in the water.
- Next, take a shower and pat yourself dry.
3. Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide Tampon
Hydrogen peroxide decomposes into Oxygen and water, therefore it does not cause any side effects. It oxidizes the bad bacteria in your Vagina and eliminates the vaginal bacterial infection. In combination with baking soda, you can get instant results.
Note: Don’t use the concentrated Hydrogen peroxide, since it will do major harm to your skin. Use water to dilute the hydrogen peroxide around 3%.
- Add an equal amount of diluted hydrogen peroxide and water in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Soak the tampon for a few seconds.
- Then insert the Tampon in your vagina for 20-30 minutes.
Still, You face Vaginal Odor?
Even you have some odor after using the baking soda wash, try the below tips to get a complete remedy.
- If you notice that your vaginal odor increasing throughout the day, then take bath twice a day.
- Wear all-cotton underwear.
- Sleep without underwear so that your genitals have a chance to breathe. This method reduces the odor to a great extent.
- Your genital area is especially prone to sweating, which can cause odor. So, sprinkle some cornstarch into your innerwear. This method absorbs the sweat and removes odor from your vagina.
- Sometimes, the vaginal odor may be a sign of vaginal infection or yeast infection. So, follow these remedies to cure it.